

I remember waking up and getting ready for school that morning. My dad was watching CNN and we were just staring at the tv. At that time there had only been 1 hit. I remember just watching that tower and thinking of all the people who were stuck in that building, all the kids parents that weren't coming home, all the wives left without husbands and husbands without wives. I couldn't tear myself away from watching. Reluctantly, I had to get to school. Needless to say, my first class was History, and we were not watching the history happen right before our eyes. I can't remember if the second hit happened during that class but I was so bugged that he (Mr. Christensen) wouldn't let us watch that left and went home. I was in tears the the whole day.My heart goes out to all the men, women, and children that we lost that day as well as those serving our country today. We can't change what happend that day, but we can fight to make it right and prevent something like this from happening again. Let's not forget why we are doing what we are doing.
Where were you when this happened? Do you remember?
7 comments:
I love this post - I was thinking about where I was, while driving to work this morning. It was a life changing moment that will never be forgotten. I'm so grateful for those who serve to keep us safe. Great post!
I remember I had slept over at Diana's house and we were getting ready for school.. it was picture day too. I think in almost every class we watched the coverage. Still so sad...
what a great post. You are so patriotic! I was getting ready for work and my Dad said to come and see what happened, and we sat in unbelief watching, then listened to info on the radio all day long. a day to remember...thank you for the post.
I remembering just walking past the T.V. while I was going back and forth, getting ready. I didn't really understand what was happening at the time. America? Get attacked? So unbelievable.
Then we sat and watched it all during Ms. Allred's english class. I was sick to my stomach the rest of the day too.
I'm glad you posted this, I actually hadn't thought about it till I read your post... :-(
Yay for finding our blog!! It's so nice to be able to see what you are up to. Looks like you are busy with playing, working, and decorating your house!! Where are you living? I'm back in Utah and Shane will join me shortly so we will have to get together!!
Hey... you're still alive! Great! I look forward to checking your blog every so often. How's work, by the way? Still an accountant?
Crazy Brookie! Love the post! I had swimming first period so I missed a lot of stuff but I was driving to school to make it to 2nd period and i remember thinking that too many stations were giving news updates so I kept flipping through them all. Stupid Lee. But when I finally stopped to listen I realized what was going on then went in to school and almost every class was watching or listening.
Post a Comment