Friday, September 26, 2008

My Flower Patch

I wanted to post a pictures of my flowers because I've been so excited at how they turned out. So this picture is like a month or two after we planted. I had some trials along the way, like they weren't growing. By this picture I had thrown quite a bit of them away because they were pretty much pronounced dead.
This picture was taken last month. Quite a difference I'd say! I've been so excited that they've grown! The potato plant totally took over winding itself around everything. But it's helped fill in where the flowers lacked!
We had so many flowers left over that Abby planted the leftovers in my pot. I, being the naive gardener that I am, didn't think they'd grow because of the soil wasn't so great. They exploded!! And this picture isn't even when the flowers were at its prettiest! Thank you Abby!


So I wanted to thank Beki, Abby, and Jes for coming and helping me make planting flowers and making my house that much more a home! We get compliments on our yard and it totally makes my day!

16 comments:

Jordan said...

Wow! This is a side of you I've never seen before- you have quite the green thumb! It looks great!

Momzoo said...

HOw pretty, I love impatients. I would love to have a huge flower bed full of them, but there isn't enough shade anywhere around my house yet.

Good job!

Hilary said...

Your flowers look so good!! I wish something would grow like that out here in the desert. All I get is rocks!

Danielle said...

Those are awesome, I'm so impressed! A yard makes the home, I'm glad you took time to make it so pretty. You'll have to teach me one day. :)

Jason+Lindi said...

Wow, love it! I wish that my yard turned out so good!

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

Geez I need to get my yard in.

Anonymous said...

Brookie!! You did GREAT! I'm so proud of you! I kill things!! ha ha!

Rachel and Eric said...

Your yard looks awesome!! Mine looks awful and I'm married to a landscaper for cryin out loud! This just means you need to come to ABQ and help me...you should come down with Andrea--that would be SO fun!

Matt and Abby said...

Your flowers are BEAUTIFUL you little green thumb!

Anonymous said...

gee...that looks amazing! I thought my two rose plants were beautiful..but yours is amazing!

Angela Cloyd said...

Your flowers look so pretty! I bet that makes happy every time you seem them. Congrats to T.J.! What an exciting time! Cute picture of you and Dannon!

BRE said...

Wowie! Your flowers are just beautiful! Accountant by day and florist by night eh?! Miss ya!

Courtney said...

So wait... you have a house? Wow, I'm impressed. And your flowers look amazing. You're a regular Martha Stewart.

Jen Herem said...

I bet you love it.. great job!

Alyssa/Jo said...

So when Shane gets to Utah I'm thinking you guys and us need to go out. What do ya think? I love the flowers! Way to go green thumb!

marebear said...

wow really never knew you loved gardening, nice girl! ya my yard is a jungle of WEEDS! not much time for me planting with kids and just being mom. come over and get my yard pretty like yours! ha ha ha