Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fish Lake

Fish Lake a favorite around the Roberts household. We were able to spend last weekend there with the family. It was fun to have everyone there. Usually we camp but with a little runt I don't know how well that really goes over so we all stayed in a little cabin that was right across the street from the marina. It was nice how close it was because me and Binds did a lot of walking back and forth seeing the fishermen off and come back in. Dann brought the radios so it was fun to be able to talk to them out on the boats. The lake isn't huge so you could see where they were, not to mention hear them (Dann) yelling all the way out as they are jumping fishing boat wakes (is there really a wake?) as well as when there was a "moby dick" on the line! So you could always tell where they were.

Some more firsts for Bindi. Our first trip out on the boat! She wasn't digging the lifejacket very much (which I don't blame her) so we didn't last very long out there.


Dann just getting started!


Soph racking up the fish. Everytime she cast her line in there was a fish on the end of it. Which is really good odds considering some of the casts she had!!;)


Came across this school of fish a few more like it.


A Bindi size fish. Of course she had to touch it.


My mom, Bindi and I went on a walk down to the other lodge to see the stream of fish that are always there. I remember going down to see it when I was younger so it was fun taking Bindi there, even though she doesn't know it.

Grandma and Bindi on the bridge.


Bindi loves Uncle Connor and lights up everytime she sees him. She loved sitting on the motorcycle with him.


Is it weird when you see a man walking down a path holding 2 ladies hands? Come to find out that is it very common. I named them the "new age polygamist" because of their hair was slightly different and they were wearing such bright dresses and jumpers. I lived in St. George so I had my share of run ins, but nothing like this. They had a whole camp site rented out. Awkward.

Fun weekend, next time we'll have to make it when the trophy size Lake Trout are out!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! I haven't seen Conner in a long time apparently because he looks completely different! I'm still in shock over that picture with him and Bindi. It looks like such a fun trip!

Brooke and Darin said...

Hey we were at Fish Lake too last weekend! Too bad we didn't see you on the lake.

Jon & Jen said...

So how crazy is it that I have known you since we were eight years old and I never knew you guys loved fish lake??? My extended fam loves it there and they go every single year in June. We have typically gone with them, but this year cannot. I'm not much for fishing though. I won't touch the fish!

I can't believe how big Connor is. i haven't seen him in forever and I still think of him as this little guy we used to tend when your parents went out. Crazy.

Addy has the same life preserver that you got Bindi and she freaked when we attempted to put it on her the first time. It lasted all of about 2 minutes before we took it off of her. Funny kids.

Alyssa/Jo said...

What is it about life jackets that make us all cry? I think every kid hates them.

Kristen said...

Ah! We really wanted to do Fish Lake this year! Glad you had fun, but come on a cabin! I remember very well a year with a baby in a tent trailer. Remember all the Roberts and babies before you-you can do it! This weekend we "roughed" it in our trailer also! Miss you and when is that baby due?

mjs ashworth said...

Looks like lots of fun! Binds is adroable, and you and Dann aren't too shabby either!!