I remember watching the first tower after it was hit on the news. We just watched in silence. I don't think me or my mom could talk. I was a junior in high school. When I got to school there was talk about the other tower being hit. I was in my first period class, history of all classes. The teacher just kept right on talking about past events when one was happening right now. I was EXTREMELY bugged that we were not watching it. I wanted to see what was happening so I left school and watched it at home.
You always hear people who remember exactly where they were when Pearl Harbor got bombed or other big historic events happened. I guess now I understand.
1 comment:
I was on my mission sitting in a room at the church waiting for all the Elders to show up for our district meeting. A member from the ward (who was at the church doing family history work) came running in talking about the "two twins" being hit by a plane. I was a little confused by what he was saying until he changed his wording to the "two twin buildings". Then I knew exactly what he meant. It was surreal being in another country and seeing the images that came out in the days to follow.
Post a Comment